This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Calcutts House Bed and Breakfast
Calcutts House is an 18th Century historic former Iron Master house with an annex Coach House. We are located in Jackfield in the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
We have 7 guest bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, 6 are doubles 1 is a twin room.
We have 2 rooms in the Coach House that have ground floor access one is a double the other is a twin, neither en-suite has wheel chair accessibility.
The Coach House has 2 upper rooms accessed by stairs, these rooms have sloping ceilings and exposed beams.
The main house has 3 guest rooms accessed via a stair case with hand rail on one side.
Our house is over 250 years old and some period features make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
Ironbridge and Jackfield are located in a steep gorge following the path of the river Severn.
The nearest museum is a 2 minute walk, it takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Ironbridge.
The Gorge Connect shuttle bus runs Saturdays Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays from Easter to October. Travel is free for museum passport holders. The bus stop is oposit Calcutts House.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01952 882631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nearest railway station is Telford Central 7 miles away.
- A taxi can be booked from Central Taxis on 01952 501050
- The Arriva bus number 96 travels from Telford to Ironbridge for times check their website at www.arrivabus.co.uk
- For full details of how to find us check our directions page on the web site.
- Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info;simply enter your postcode and ours, which is TF8 7LH to get directions.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Private off road parking is available for 7 cars
- The car park is gravelled, there are a set of 7 old brick steps that lead down the entrance door, a hand rail is provided but steps are uneven.
- The steps can be avoided by walking down the drive and around the Coach House.
- Access to the ground floor rooms are from the car park over the gravel.
- Once down the steps the entry door has a small lip 2cm the door width is 76cm
- This gives access to the hall which is part tiled and part carpeted.
- Assistance with luggage will be provided.
- Guests are directed to the breakfast room, which has solid oak floor boards, to sign in.
- A guest lounge is off the breakfast room and has short pile carpets, a sofa and 2 arm chairs.
- Ceiling lighting table lamps and 2 large windows provide lighting.
- Leaflets for local attractions are available for guests to take away.
- Local restaurant menus are also available
- We have 2 ground floor rooms accessed from the car park
- One is a twin room the other is a double, both have en-suite shower rooms.
- Access to the bathroom is not possible with a wheel chair.
- Both rooms have a wardrobe, dressing table, chair and case storage.
- Flat screen TVs with freeview are in all bedrooms
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms &Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- The en-suite bathrooms have vinyl flooring
- The shower cubicle has a 15cm step with sliding doors
- The shower has a move-able shower head
- The toilet is 43cm high
- The wash basin is 82cm high
- Ceiling lights are provided
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- The hall is part tiled and part carpeted.
- The breakfast room has oak floor boards.
- The guest lounge has short piled carpet.
- There are no steps between the public areas.
Public Areas - Lounge
- The house is accessed via 7 old brick steps with a hand rail from the car park.
- The guest lounge is on the ground floor of the main house, through the breakfast room.
- A sofa and 2 arm chairs are provided.
- Coffee tables and table lamps.
- Magazines and leaflets are provided.
- There is a small unisex toilet off the hall with a small sink, wheel chair access is not possible.
- There is level entry but no space to the side of the toilet.
- A ceiling light is provided.
- The breakfast room is off the hall with no step
- Solid oak floor boards.
- There are 2 large tables seating up to 6 people and 4 smaller tables.
- 2 large windows provide natural light as well as ceiling and wall lights.
- Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices cereals and fruit.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Tables and benches are available out side the Coach House.
- Tables and benches are also available on a paved area near the entrance.
- The garden is available for guests to use there are steps to some parts.
- There are "In case of fire" instructions in all the rooms.
- There is a guest welcome notice detailing facilities in each room.
- Local attraction leaflets are in the guest lounge.
- Free wi-fi is available.
- Mains fire alarms and emergency lighting are provided.
Address (Inc postcode):
Calcutts House Calcutts Road Jackfield Ironbridge Shropshire TF8 7LH
Hours Of Operation:
Check in after 4.30pm unless previousley arranged
Local Equipment Hire:
Local Accessible Taxi:
Access taxis 01952 501050
Local Public Transport:
Proprietors:Sarah &James Pittam
The Calcutts House
Calcutts Road, Jackfield, Ironbridge, Telford Shropshire TF8 7LH
Tel:01952 882631 Email:email@example.com